FALL/WINTER 2021 | Lil' Flurries
In a better effort to help our newest generation of young volleyball players, Avalanche has tweaked the format of our Lil’ Flurries, 7-9u program. We’re moving to a more training formatted program and we’ll be switching to a different volleyball that will be friendlier for our youngest athletes.
The fall/winter pilot program will be a 6-week program that includes 5 hours of group training, two 1-hour team practices, and tournament style match play at the end. Even though we have had great success with our practice/league format in the past, we feel moving to a training format will be more conducive to meeting the demands and needs of our newest generation of volleyball players.
- Sept. 7 - Oct. 19, 2021
- Nov. 1 - Dec. 18, 2021
- Nov. 21 - 28, Thanksgiving Break | No Training
- Mondays | 6:00-7:00pm
- Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29
- Dec. 6, 13
- Thursday, Dec. 16 | 6:00-7:00pm
- Saturday, Dec. 18 | 8:00-10:30am
- 5-hours of group training (Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29, Dec. 6)
- 2-team practices (Dec. 13 and 16)
- Tournament Match Play (Dec. 18)
- Molten softlight volleyballs
- Hand & eye coordination
- Volleyball movements
- Team concepts
- $150 for the full 6-week program
- $25 Drop-Ins for Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29, and Dec. 6 only
- No drop-ins during week 6, (Dec. 13, 16, & 18)
- To withdraw from the Avalanche Athletics, Fall/Winter 2021 Lil' Flurries Program, you must contact Chris Stanfield by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Monday, October 18, 2021. An 85% refund of the paid registration fee will be given until that date. After the above date listed, refunds will not be available.
- There are no refunds for Drop-In registrations.
- Thunderbirds BGCS (Grayhawk | 20199 N. 78th Pl. Scottsdale, AZ 85255)
***9 year olds who are wishing for league play, have the option to play up in our 10-12u Yeti division. ALL 9 year olds must be evaluated and approved to move up. We will hold 1 evaluation per season. 9y olds will be evaluated on two skills sets: serving from 30' and passing. To move up athletes must score at least 70% on both skill sets. The evaluation date for our Fall/Winter season will be on Monday, October 11, at 6:30pm. Evaluations are free and you can register by clicking the link below. Athletes must be 9 years of age by the season start date of 11-1-2021.