The Blizzard 4 ON 4 - Indoor Volleyball League
We're bringing back our competitve indoor 4 on 4 league this spring! The division will be "open" and is designed for athletes 13-18 years old who have a good understanding of the game. This is a great off-season league for club players and future club players! Girls will put together and enter their own teams with a parent representitive, who will be the point of contact for the team. Each athlete will need to register individually using the link below, then the parent representative will submit an official roster. That parent must also be present at any practices the team attends and at Saturday matches. Teams may roster 4 or 5 girls between the ages of 13-18. Avalanche club coaches will hold a non-mandatory clinic night (ran by Chris Stanfield) every Monday at ASC our competitive training facility, for all athletes in the Blizzard 4 on 4 league. Matches will be played on Saturdays at the Thunderbirds BGCS, immediately following all developmental matches. Matches will be officiated by Avalanche officials, this will not be a "self-officiated" league for the spring season.
League play rules will follow basic USAV indoor 6 on 6 rules with a few exceptions noted below:
- You do not have to rotate your players around the court, but you must rotate your servers.
- Once a player serves, that player must serve each rotation for the entire set. If playing with 5 athletes (meaning you have a sub) only 4 athletes may serve per set. You may switch servers and or service order between sets.
- Rosters are capped at 5 athletes per team and may not be changed after February 14, 2019.
- All matches are played best 2 out of 3 sets to 25. A third set is played to 15 if needed. No point cap.
Athletes may play in multiple divisions within Avalanche Athletics.
Athletes from other clubs are welcome and encouraged to build teams and compete.
- 8-Week season
- February 25, 2019 - April 27, 2019
- Spring Break: March 11 - March 24, 2019
- Season ending tournament (Apr. 27)
- Trophies for 1st & 2nd place
- Max of 5 athletes per team roster
- Select your own team - play with friends, teammates, etc...
- Open to female and male athletes
- T-Shirt for all athletes
- Create your own team jerseys and team name
- Non-mandatory 1.5 hour clinic night on Mondays at ASC [425 E Pinnacle Peak Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85024]
- All matches take place on Saturdays at the Thunderbirds BGCS [20199 N 78th Pl. Scottsdale, AZ 85255]
- 10 team cap for the spring season
- Opens January 17 - February 14, 2019
- $175 per player
- Register via the link below (Registration opens January 17, 2019)
- All players must register individually
- Team captain or parent representitive must submit official team roster form (found here)
- Pre-season parent/player meeting Sunday, February 10 at 5:30-6:00pm @ Thunderbirds BGCS
- All athletes must have a current BGCS membership before you're able to register. Memberships may be attained by clicking on the provided link. Those without a current membership will not be allowed to participate in the competitive 4s matches. BGCS MEMBERSHIP
(opens 12pm on January 17)
To withdraw from the Avalanche Athletics's 4s league, you must contact Chris Stanfield by email
no later than February 14, 2019 for the winter season. An 85% refund of the paid registration fee will be given until that date. After the above listed date, refunds will not be available.